GF/CF/GF (Gluten-free, Dairyfree, Grainfree), High Protein Pancakes
with Apple Cobbler Topping
After a long wait for my Facebook friends here is one of the two recipes I owe them! When I first tried to post these my computer crashed. Ack! (No, worries that’s what you get for having a laptop run out of battery). LOL
Since our fire, we’ve lost all our recipe books and favorites recipes ….so it’s been a long time finding new ones. As many of you know we have 3 boys with autism on glutenfree and dairyfree diets. So meals are challenging! I went dairyfree about a month ago, so now I’m eating like them. I hope I start to feel better soon. So far so good! J So here we go!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (Optional)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tablespoons egg white protein powder
I’ve come to realize this recipe is kinda flexible. I made them when I was out of vanilla, and it was okay. Substitute honey for sugar, or stevia. I am always out of something in my kitchen! J
- Mix all wet ingredients first, eggs, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract.
- Then, add dry ingredients, sugar, sea salt, coconut flour, baking soda, protein powder.
- Use a mixer and mix well then let it sit 5-15 minutes to soak into the coconut flour. You might find you need a bit more water after.
- Use coconut oil in your pan, and add a soup spoon into the pan.
- Watch for bubbles to come through from the other side and when it looks fairly done, flip!
Stack them and serve with Apple Topping below and save the sugar!
Apple Cobbler Topping
- 3 Apples, peeled, cored, chopped into chunks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup margarine (for dairyfree) or butter, or coconut oil
Put it all in a small pot and let simmer for 20 minutes until it all softens. Add to the top of your pancakes and skip high sugar maple syrup! ENJOY! Now go MAKE it, Make it and come back and tell me how your family loved it?! 🙂
Rita Xo 🙂
*Pancakes Adapted from Best Ever Pancakes from http://countingalljoy.com/2013/10/the-best-ever-coconut-flour-pancakes-s-gaps-scd-paleo-sugar-free-trim-healthy-mama.html
©Copyright 2014 Rita Davidson All Rights Reserved.
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Currently a writer, & published author, she is a former hairdresser, professional make up artist with a degree in Natural Health. She is now a Young Living Distributor. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, and more, they recently lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by carrying their crosses with Joy!