Gramma’s Poor Man Pizza Recipe now glutenfree!
by Rita Davidson
I don’t know about you but once you survive your teenage years, grow out of your twenties and escape your 30’s, comfort foods sure looks MORE comforting! Don’t they? 🙂
Well I’ve been desperate to find all my mothers recipies she fed me so well with growing up and make them glutenfree. So, when I made this today I just had to share! it’s a quick and easy lunch and now gluten-free too!
See when I was just a little folk, (I shared this pic of me on my Facebook page the other day). Aren’t i cute? HAHA just 6 months old, (found it in my mothers things) BONUS for me, after losing EVERYTHING in our fire! God is GOOD!
- Glutenfree Bread (your favorite brand – ours is Udi’s or Glutino)
- Onions chopped
- Sliced Cheese
- Seasoning like (garlic powder, salt, pepper)
- Fry up hamburger with chopped onions and your choice of Seasoning. We use just basic salt, pepper garlic powder to taste. Keep stirring as you want it loose and crumbled. Set aside.
- Butter one side of your bread and lay it in frypan.
- Put a heaping spoon of hamburger on each toast.
- Slather ketchup over each hamburger on the toast.
- Top each with a slice of process cheese (or real cheese if you prefer)
- Put stove on low and cook like grilled cheese with a lid on until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
SERVE! That’s it!
I know it’s not the greatest health food, but it IS glutenfree and it DOES speak of home to me at least. 🙂 It’s quick and easy too, I like that.
What is YOUR favorite comfort food from when you were young? Share with me!
Rita xo 🙂
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Author, of “Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue” (2001) and speaker, she has a PASSION for making #realcatholicmodesty understood. She is a licensed Hairdresser, and Make Up Pro with a degree in Natural Health who enjoys essential oils. She enjoys making people smile and sharing God’s love with anyone who will listen. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, they lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by finding the #realcatholicbeauty in their lives by carrying their crosses with Joy!
©Copyright 2015 Rita Davidson & Little Flowers Family Press All Rights Reserved.