I was sifting through our ‘fire’ boxes yesterday. So many memories covered in smelly soot. If you haven’t joined me on my Facebook page that is where I share most of our day to day ramblings. I found this pamphlet among some other fairly miraculous ones (if I do say so myself) and thought this was SO important to share. What an eye-opening look at Communism. Now after reading this, tell me if you think Communism is dead?!
The Catholic believes in the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Communist follows the teachings of Marx, Lenin and Stalin
The CATHOLIC believes in heaven and hell as a reward or punishment in the hereafter.
- The COMMUNIST denies a life after death and calls heaven and hell a myth.
The CATHOLIC says every man has a personality that is sacred and inviolate.
- THE COMMUNIST says that man is a machine
THE CATHOLIC is a lover of peace.
- THE COMMUNIST foments conflict.
THE CATHOLIC believes truth is sacred and falsehood is immoral and unlawful.
- THE COMMUNIST rejects the moral law and lies freely in order to deceive.
THE CATHOLIC uses the word “democracy’ to mean ‘the rule by the people.”
- The COMMUNIST talks ‘democracy” but pushes the dictatorship of Moscow.
The CATHOLIC desires social justice.
- THE COMMUNIST fans class struggle.
THE CATHOLIC defends the oppressed because of Christian charity and justice.
- The COMMUNIST aids the oppressed to win their support for a revolution.
THE CATHOLIC opposes racial discrimination for all men are equal before God.
- THE COMMUNIST opposes racial discrimination to gain aid for his party.
THE CATHOLIC has high esteem for the individual because Jesus Christ became man and died for man’s salvation.
- THE COMMUNIST will kill man’s body or enslave his soul because he thinks man is a mere animal to serve creatures.
THE CATHOLIC distinguishes capitalism from both communism and fascism.
- THE COMMUNIST calls those who disagree with him fascist and capitalist.
THE CATHOLIC supports co-operatives to check capitalism and foster oneness.
- THE COMMUNIST uses co-operatives to wrest property from the capitalist.
The CATHOLIC condemns capitalism only when it exploits labor or consumer.
- THE COMMUNIST condemns capitalism because it recognizes property rights.
THE CATHOLIC condemns all dictatorships as a denial of man’s natural rights.
- THE COMMUNIST supports dictatorships as he recognizes no rights.
THE CATHOLIC is a patriotic citizen who gladly gives his life for his country.
- THE COMMUNIST pretends patriotism, but seeks to overthrow our government.
THE CATHOLIC supports good causes in the fulfillment of the teaching of Christ.
- THE COMMUNIST supports good causes as a wedge for communistic propaganda.
The CATHOLIC believes man has free will and is responsible for his actions.
- THE COMMUNIST says our actions are determined solely by economic forces.
THE CATHOLIC knows that man was made to know, love and serve God here on earth and enjoy eternity with Him.
- THE COMMUNIST believes that man’s only concern is his physical well-being here on earth and that death ends all.
After reading this, Do YOU think Communism is dead?
By Dr. Helen C. Potter of the Department of Economics, Setoh Hill College, Greensburg, Penna. Reprinted in the Catholic Home Journal.
©Copyright 2015 Rita Davidson & Little Flowers Family Press All Rights Reserved.