Q & A with Rita Davidson
How to fight evils in the world while Protecting our Children
I just got this question and reply on the blog and thought it was important enough for you all to read.
All of these things that I have read are making me sick. It is overwhelming how much evil there is in this world and the sad part is that most people, young and old, don’t see it. You ask, “what will I do to fight this evil?” Currently, my friend and I are attending Eucharistic Adoration once a week. I also put daily scriptures and explanations in my daughters lunch. I asked her the other day if she’s reading them. She said she was and keeping each one in her purse. I’m doing the same for one of my sons. What I will add to this is also trying to reach my other 3 sons by sharing scripture with them and continuing to pray, pray and pray some more. Any other guidance you can give me, Rita, would be most welcome. Love that you post things on FB. Julie
So good to hear from you on here. and what a GREAT question!
Yes, it is sad and scary what is going on in the world and the Church today. If we don’t SEE IT, that is even MORE scary as we must be living in denial.
As for what more you can do, well you can pray, pray and pray some more…That sure comes first. But perhaps a few good things are what to pray for:
- Pray that God leads you to HIS truth. In these days, we are bombarded by false truths so often we have to distinguish truth from fiction and from lies very often!
- Pray for God to show you as your TRUE yourself. We often are living with many logs in our eyes.. 🙂 And to know ourselves as God sees us is the first step to humility and growing in grace.
- Educate your children how to LOVE God, really love God not for what He can do for them but what WE can and MUST do for HIM.
- Educate yourself on the issues that are attacking our children DAILY, like modesty and impurity (I highly recommend my upcoming book, “Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue” you can get HERE!) to understand where the real battle is.
- Make the faith reachable not impossible. Maintain the BASIC foundation of rules for our faith, including Ten Commandments and Modesty and such but be sure to stress more the fun, and the joy and the charity that is available to us all when we are open to GOD’s WILL each day.
I hope this helps. It really only touches the surface of what we can do. Be sure to see my FREE LIVE CALL recording HERE.
And SO glad you are benefiting from my Facebook page…with 6000 faithful Catholics there I am SO amazed at the Catholic community we have there. BE sure to join us on there if you haven’t already!
What is YOUR family STRUGGLING with? – SHARE with me!
Rita Xo 🙂
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Author, of “Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue” (2001) and speaker, she has a PASSION for making #realcatholicmodesty understood. She is a licensed Hairdresser, and Make Up Pro with a degree in Natural Health who enjoys essential oils. She enjoys making people smile and sharing God’s love with anyone who will listen. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, they lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by finding the #realcatholicbeauty in their lives by carrying their crosses with Joy!
©Copyright 2015 Rita Davidson All Rights Reserved