So thankful for your support on this journey
By Rita Davidson
Well, we made it! Truly YOUR donations have gotten us where here! These last few weeks have been CRAZY, JUST CRAZY!
After 16 months of waiting…we needed TWO mortgages for this house (so DOUBLE the costs). (Many have forgotten that we also lost our business in this fire, and so this was a real act of faith for us!) Thankfully friends moved our loads; which was quite interesting as we hadn’t accumulated much after our fire, living in 600 square feet for the last 10 months. But we had a donation trailer full of furniture that had been waiting for our new home to go through. Try pick unfamiliar furniture to fit into a house where nothing is familiar is well, FUN, but also tricky!
No sooner did we get our last load moved here, we had out of town company to stay with us; so at least we got the guest room fixed on time. 🙂
Then my website crashed and my favorite Assistant, Jean, is fixing this for me. Whew!
Now comes the unpacking! 🙂 But oh Christmas is right around the corner, and trying to decorate and get this place set up is proving to be more difficult than I first thought! And I’ve been wanting to SHARE our home with you; if only to show you what GOD can do, even for us! But, it will have to wait until my website is “feeling better” now. *sigh If you really want to see what we’ve been up to drop by my Facebook page !
Finally trying to set up this house now we see our gaps:
- Missing furniture (bookcases, dressers, office furniture, a ladder (that was stolen after our fire) and tools.)
- We need updates to flooring (we have to take out old rugs and install new flooring because of the boys allergies.)
- We need an extra bathroom on the main floor (only one bathroom tucked upstairs in a back corner. My elderly mother cannot visit for Christmas, until we put this in!).
- Next comes our Restoration Phase: We still need restoration done on our main hard drive that has the rest of our family photos 2007-2013 (all our pre-digital are gone.) and all our business files to rebuild Little Flowers Family including; your favorite book files, mailing lists, customer orders and files.
- Then is the large task of recovering the 300 odd salvaged family photo’s we pulled from the ashes. (if we can, we’ve been told we need professional help for this.) And the numerous reference papers and business papers that have been sitting in bins since our fire; waiting for a proper place to process them. Our work isn’t over yet.
I didn’t want to leave this another day, (I am a recovering procrastinator you know) LOL so I hope you enjoy this update and can’t wait to share with you our big surprise next!
We are so thankful for your support on this journey.
God bless you in all your needs! 🙂
Rita Xo 🙂
©Copyright 2015 Rita Davidson & Little Flowers Family Press All Rights Reserved.
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Currently a writer, & published author, she is a former hairdresser, professional make up artist with a degree in Natural Health. She is now a Young Living Distributor. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, and more, they recently lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by carrying their crosses with Joy!