The Agony of Writing
by Rita Davidson
Where oh where is Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue?
Well for those not on my Facebook page, you are not getting updates as fast, as I am not blogging as much these days. So I apologize to those not knowing WHERE this book is or WHAT IS the HOLD UP! (hold those swear words pleeeze!)
If I began to tell you everything on my plate in my corner of the world, you would gasp, then your jaw would drop then you would be in awe that I am still alive… haha but I’m serious.
Just to give you an example, for those new to me here, this is who I am right now:
- Writing this book and all that entails such as going through thousands of edits from my editor that look like this.
On top of the book layout, decisions for
- cover …. !
- text – oh so many choices and fonts..
- acknowledgements – will I forget to thank all those many souls behind ME and this book? – some have no idea of my amazing Assistants that save me every week, my many spiritual directors that keep me centered, the beautiful souls I call friends who keep me strong, the coaches that have helped pick me up…
- introduction – oh my what has happened since 1999 when this book first came out?!
- testimonies – all those handwritten testimonies from the first book I lost in our fire but so many to sort though still
- reviews and interviews – trying to schedule with my limited time
- new foreward– the church is in such disarray who can I get that will speak to our time?
- and more…
2. Then taking care of our 4 boys 3 which have autism and their growing and changing needs.
3. My mother with dementia who lives with us and her increasing care. Her needs take up not only my time, but the emotional toll it takes to see your mother no longer able to talk or care for herself. To know you have already said goodbye to the woman you knew and loved as Mother and will one day have to do that again when she passes from this world. My vale of tears…
4. The lack of money after our fire which makes it hard to make ends meet and is a miracle this blog is still up here at all.
5. The stress of needed repairs on this house for the mold problems we continue to have and lack of space we have. We have recently been talking if we need to move instead. Just the thought makes me weak in the knees.
6. Our home-school day and all that entails.
Are you exhausted yet from reading that? I hope your at least sitting down. Thankfully there are a few other surprises I’m working I’ll be sharing VERY SOON!
Which brings me back to THE book, which I have been methodically working on between the LIFE that happens in my house. Layout is agonizingly SLOW since it’s been a few years since I’ve done typesetting since our fire took our publishing business. Reminders are everywhere of this tragedy as summer approaches that keeps dragging my heart down…even as I choose joy. This is how the layout looks:
But this book is my heart and soul and I want it to SO touch your heart that your soul sings. I just don’t know how else to write if it doesn’t WARM you, touch your soul, encourage you and INSPIRE you. This is my wish everyday when I wake up. I so wish I could sit in a room with all of you and just share our joys and sorrows together. I dream of this almost daily. On my hard days (which come often), it is knowing all of you are out there anxiously waiting for this book that gives my soul the strength to go on.
Pray for me †
God’s grace is sufficient…
With all my love,
Rita xo 🙂