DO you have Anxiety?
9 Tips for your Anxiety Puzzle
by Rita Davidson
My anxiety started when I was in my 30s. Likely from “life” changes and, in my case, damage to my gut from gluten. Going through my mothers things, I found doctors papers showing I had stomach cramps from the time I was 2 years old.
Having had an ischemic stroke when I was 26 years old made me very fearful of another, (even now it is a fear I live with everyday).
So, once I began panic symptoms I would automatically think it was a stroke, and well, I can say it gave me LOTS Of time to pray to God to help me!
Anxiety and panic are NOT nice to live with. I really feel for those that have to live with it and when this came up on my Facebook page the other day, I knew I wanted to write a post for anyone else that might be dealing with this too.
I dealt with anxiety for years myself before I could find a way to reduce it. It was like a puzzle trying to find out what were the causes of this panic? And if you have anxiety I want you to see it as a puzzle as well. There is so much that can be done for anxiety – I only hope my story will help someone else find relief.
- BREATHING: My biggest help was breathing. Once I would notice that unsettled feeling, before an attack, I would immediately take a deep breath and in some cases even get up from where I was sitting and walk around. (change my environment). This helps to change the pattern your mind takes to letting the anxiety build.
- EXERCISE: getting out and walking everyday made a real difference for me in the early years. A brisk walk flushes out toxins (often a cause for some people) and relaxing me was something that helped me keep it under control for 2 years. I now have been using TTapp to balance my hormones as well as get my anxiety under control. It is the BEST exercise when you have adrenal fatigue as you can’t do ANYTHING strenuous when you have it. You can learn more about it with Teresa Tapps book “Fit and Fabulous” HERE.
- FEAR: When I have my anxiety it is always about having a stroke for me. It stretches my faith so far each time. I have to just place myself in God’s hands and TRUST in HIM. If you have anxiety, you too have FEAR. Whatever that fear is you have to learn to lay it on HIM and TRUST HIM, this will take the sting out of your anxiety when you finally see it as something outside of you. Something that God CAN take care of. It’s not easy to let go, but it really is required to get on top of your anxiety and to grow in your faith. In my “Organize your Soul’ online class I taught how to carry our crosses better and had lots of GREAT advice about depression, anxiety and learning to TRUST God more. You can grab that class here: https://www.littleflowersfamilypress.com/organizing-your-soul-for-the-new-year/
- GLUTENFREE: When I went Glutenfree after a real health crash, I noticed a big improvement in my anxiety. Suddenly I could do a day or two without any sign of it. I was so elated to find a way to get a bit of relief. But it wasn’t the entire answer. Don’t be overwhelmed thinking about this. It’s really not as hard as it sounds. If you are interested contact me here with your glutenfree questions and I’ll help you get started.
- LOW BLOOD SUGAR: Next was finding out how low blood sugar often gave me anxiety. My whole family on my Dad’s side were diabetic, so I grew up having diabetes counseling and diet advice when I was a teen. But I didn’t know low blood sugar could also be lightheadedness, dizzy, heart palpitations, anxiety and panic, irritations, anger and more as symptoms! Again this was a huge piece of the puzzle for me and that was when I discovered I also have,
- Adrenal Fatigue; Finding out I had adrenal fatigue came when I realized my bouts of frequent low blood sugar were from another reason. Sure enough testing (yes, always test when you can), testing showed I had an adrenal crash and was in recovery mode. When your adrenals are overwhelmed, your other organs are affected and blood sugars are not regulated as well. So, now I had to be sure to eat protein every two hours, which the longest I could go without food. That was tough, when you have NO appetite, but in time my adrenals calmed down and I could go longer and longer. Dr Wilson’s book is AMAZING. I HIGHLY recommend his book “Adrenal Fatigue” you can get it HERE. He was very kind to us after our fire, with a large donation of supplements and a copy of his book. You can See his website adrenalfatigue.org
- MAGNESIUM: Next was taking magnesium as most of us are deficient in magnesium today. It’s important to find a brand that works for you. As they are not all the same. So if one bottle doesn’t work, test another brand and keep trying. Don’t give up on your health with the first obstacle.
- PYROLURIA: lastly was when I found out I have Pyroluria. Pyroluria is a genetic condition where your body is naturally deficient in Omega 3’s and B6 and Zinc. Often causing anxiety where there should be none. This I found by accident as well, but was so thankful again, having a part of the puzzle of my anxiety answered. I’ve worked with Trudy Scott for my anxiety and she is amazing. This has helped me get to a near anxiety free status today. I highly recommend you get her BOOK, “Ant-Anxiety Food Solution” HERE if you are looking for more answers beyond this post. You can take the simple Pyroluria test online here: http://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/pyroluria-questionnaire-from-the-antianxiety-food-solution/
- HAVE FUN: SO many of us living Catholic lives forget we need to have fun. Saving our souls doesn’t mean life long drudgery! So, buy some flowers for the table (Or pick some from outside), put on some happy smelling perfume (or essential oils), paint your nails and pick out a good book to read when you have a moment. These are all things I do everyday, maybe you would do other things, just do what you need to do to make your day better.
There is a lot that can be done for anxiety. Don’t give up looking for the answers to your puzzle. Its in the searching that we can finally come to a place of relief. I now pass most days without anxiety and I am so blessed. As long as I take my supplements, keep a watch on when I last ate, rest when needed, I am anxiety free. (My luck I’ll have one right after writing this! LOL)
If you have anxiety, you are a prime candidate for #realcatholicbeauty in your life and knowing WHEN you need to pamper!! Xo;)
I pray this will give you some answers and PLEASE SHARE this with anyone you know suffering with anxiety.
PLEASE SHARE your tips for what works for your anxiety too!
Rita xo 🙂
©Copyright 2015 Rita Davidson & Little Flowers Family Press All Rights Reserved.
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Author, of “Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue” (2001) and speaker, she has a PASSION for making #realcatholicmodesty understood. She is a licensed Hairdresser, and Make Up Pro with a degree in Natural Health who enjoys essential oils. She enjoys making people smile and sharing God’s love with anyone who will listen. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, they lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by finding the #realcatholicbeauty in their lives by carrying their crosses with Joy!