And did you hear me say, Modesty is meant to be FUN?!
my Jamberry FUN Review!
by Rita Davidson
I think you’ve heard me say it before. If not well here it is again, Modesty is meant to be fun!
- Now there are some out there that say fun has nothing to do with modesty. Well in the Catechism I guess it doesn’t. But, to live real Catholic modesty today makes us really odd. I mean we can be so odd we invite stares, comments and every other kind of oogles from people that don’t understand why we would possibly want to wear a skirt when it’s
- – so cold
- or when it’s too hot,
- or whenever!
I mean we sure can make ourselves a target when dressing modestly and its hard enough without making it harder than it needs to be. “Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof” says the bible. We should not worry about tomorrow. God also does not make our faith impossible for us. So in a day and age when immodesty is IN and modesty is OUT, we should not be the sourdough faced modest ones as if it was our mother that forced us into that skirt. (most of us are TOO old for that eh?) lol
So how do we make modesty fun?
Well you’ve seen my articles about scarves and how I’m the Queen of Scarves (lovingly titled by hubby) and if you have followed me on Facebook or Instagram you have seen my almost daily outfit posts of my modest outfits of just me in real life, homeschooling, errands, and such. I mean, as long as we follow the 1928 Guidelines issued by Cardinal Vicar of Pope Pius XI, Cardinal Pompili,
“that a dress cannot be called decent which is cut deeper than two fingers breadth under the pit of the throat, which does not cover the arms at least to the elbows and scarcely reaches a bit beyond the knees. Furthermore, dresses of transparent materials are improper.”
wearing some fun nails hardly compares to the immodesty RAGING outside our walls. Years ago, I damaged a nail in a car door, so I always kept it painted to keep it from peeling and getting ugly (it splits right down the side). I would often find myself smiling at my nails, (not like – “how LOVELY they are”?) But how FUN they look just to make me SMILE. (how hard is it for YOU to Smile in a day?…it takes me some work!) I mean it takes a good bit of humility to know these nails will be buried along with me when I am dead not too far in the future. Yes, it’s an appointment we all have. But, while we are here, we aren’t meant to look like we are waiting for the Last Rites either are we? When I finished my Cosmetology course years ago, I thought I’d be spending the rest of my life doing hair, make up and nails. Ironically, I rediscovered my faith after I had kids and though I still love beauty, I love pondering beauty along with beauty of the soul. So when my friend sent me these Jamberry Wraps I had no idea what to expect. So here is my Jamberry FUN Review!
Now what SOLD me on Jamberry Wraps? 4 Reasons:
- Well for one, my nails seemed HEALTHIER? Before with regular nail polish there was the smell (my whole family especially my special needs boys hated the smell!) and then the acetone smell to take them off. My nails were getting more and more dried out and showing signs of damage. (yellowing, peeling nails) Nail Wraps can be removed with OIL and there is NO ODOR at all! My nails are already recovered and yet still looking FUN with no damage! If your looking for a healthier alternative to nail polishes they DO NOT contain the following carcinogens found in many nail care products: Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde, Toluene, Formaldehyde Resin, and Camphor.
- The length that these nails lasted. Normally I could get 3 days out of my regular nail polish before it would start to chip. Some times I would get lucky and it might be a week, but once they start chipping you’d never have time to paint them as life gets too busy. So there you are with chipped nails everywhere you go. NOT nice. Now mind you I’m rough on my hands too. I do dishes by hand, wash and fold laundry, write/ type daily, change my elderly moms incontinence, pack books just to name a FEW things. Three weeks out of these meant I had LESS times I had to touch them up or take care of them and they looked great for a full three weeks. These nails don’t chip or fade!
- PRICE. Being a Cosmetologist by training I remember charging $20 or more for a manicure and nail set. (that was a LONG time ago ahem…) It’s been years since I’ve had my own nails done since I could never afford a manicure of $35 and up. There are now nail artists that didn’t even exist when I was in training! These nails look professionally done, yet you can do them at home at a fraction of the cost! Just one sheet has enough material for 2-3 manicures or pedicures!
- COLOR. A friend of mine, Carolyn, and I were saying how we both loved COLOR. Not everyone does, but there are some of us that are really energized by color. I can’t put my finger on it, but I’ve done some color research and all I can say is it’s amazing what color can do for your day! That brings me back to the SMILES I get when I see my nails. It’s just the happy COLORS that make me smile. And with how hard days can get for any of us, I’m sure glad to have a extra push to smile.
Now just LOOK at these new FUN WINTER NAIL WRAPS!
I LOVE SNOWMEN! Aren’t they just so CUTE!?
I’m sure I’ll find more reasons as I just joined up as a Jamberry Consultant. I haven’t even got my kit yet, but I want to share my first excitement with you. So, I’m hosting a Welcome to Jamberry FUN Party
If your interested in learning more about Jamberry Nail Wraps, or just curious if they would work for you, join me HERE https://www.facebook.com/events/1671422376216621/
December 12th to December 21st.
December 21st, I’ll be giving away some sample Nail Wraps too! 🙂
If your NOT on Facebook you can still see all the wonderful Nail Wraps right here www.ritadavidsonLFFA.jamberry.com
(and you can still get them before Christmas – email me with questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita is a Catholic wife, and mother of seven, with three autistic boys. Author, of “Immodesty, Satan’s Virtue” (2001) and speaker, she has a PASSION for making #realcatholicmodesty understood. She is a licensed Hairdresser, and Make Up Pro with a degree in Natural Health who enjoys essential oils. She enjoys making people smile and sharing God’s love with anyone who will listen. After overcoming a stroke, disabilities, they lost everything in a devastating house fire that made them homeless for six months. She is determined to lead souls back to Christ by finding the #realcatholicbeauty in their lives by carrying their cross with JOY!
©Copyright 2016 Rita Davidson & Little Flowers Family Press All Rights Reserved.